Regent has developed a range of special design knife gate valves with the help of its dedicated and technical professional team.
Regent knife gate valves M-series is a step forward in the direction which enhances customer’s profitability and satisfaction due to reduced costs.
- Knife gate valves is one of the few application-specific designs among industrial valves. It basically features a design that ensures minimum contact between moving parts of the valves. This is achieved by having a gate that is practically held between layers of gland packing without touching the body parts during most of its travels.
- The seating itself is accomplished with a non-sliding motion aided by jams located in the body. Avoiding sliding contact between gate and body permits this valve to handle abrasive particles present in the media much better than conventional designs.
- Another feature is the bevelled bottom edge of the gate (from which it derives the ‘knife’ in its name) which allows positive closure of the gate even when solid particles settles at the bottom of the body.
- In handling abrasive media, deflection cones are generally used in order to avoid direct impingement of the media on the seat surface; hard facing of seat part is also sometimes used which involves stelliting of the seat or gate or complete intruding of body and gate.
- Another feature is the purge connection which let in suitable fluids at pressures higher than line pressure to clean seating surfaces (body purges) and packing area (chest purges). This minimises abrasive wear and tear during opening and closure of valve.
Knife gate valves are excellent hopper isolation valves with their ability to cut through flowing powders and close by dislodging any material in the seating area. This is also perhaps the only valve design which can tolerate differential thermal expansion of its parts without affecting its functions, thus making an ideal choice for handling high temperature media
Knife Gate Valves are used in a variety of applications such as:
Pulp and Paper Stock Lines
On-Off & Control Applications
Thermal Power Plants, Mining, Collieries.
Sludge and viscous media handling
Sewage and Waste Water Treatment, Chemical Sludges, Sticky Media Molasses.
Dry Solid and Powder Handling
Hopper isolation valves, Pneumatic conveying systems, polymer chips handling, Weighing & batching systems, Dryers; Coal burner valves to NFPA-8503 specifications.
High Temperature Gas Lines
Carbon Black Plants.
USAGE IN INDUSTRIES
- Pulp & Paper Industries
- Thermal Power Plants
- Sugar Mills
- Textiles Industries
- Sewage Plants